Children’s at the ARC - WIC DC
1901 Miss. Ave. SE
Washington, DC - 20020
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Children’s at the ARC - WIC DC.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Children’s at the ARC - WIC DC
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Breastfeeding resources and support
- Nutrient-rich foods (Foods provided by the program supply calcium, protein, iron, and Vitamins A, D, and C.)
- Immunization assessment and screening
- Referrals to health and social service providers
For women and children over 1-year-old, WIC provides fresh fruits and vegetables through the Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding, a new mother, an infant, or a child up to age 5;
- Live in DC (You do not have to show proof of U.S. citizenship to participate.);
- Meet income guidelines or medical risk for your family as listed below or are participating in Medicaid, DC Healthy Families, School Lunch Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or the Food Stamp Program
- Have a nutritional or medical risk (determined by a nutritionist or other health professional).
Fill out the WIC Prescreening Tool to find out if you might be eligible for WIC.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Washington, DC.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby