Liberty County Health Dept - WIC Satellite Clinic
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Liberty County Health Dept - WIC Satellite Clinic
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
3rd Tue: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for:
- Infants and Children age 1 to 5 years (including foster children)
- Pregnant Women.
- Breastfeeding Mothers (up to 1 year)
- Postpartum Women (up to 6 months)
In accordance with Federal law and U.S.
Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
WIC is available to:
- low income pregnant,
- breastfeeding, and postpartum women,
- low income parent or guardian who is the sole provider of children under age five who are at nutritional risk and who are at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty level.
Special checks to buy healthy foods from WIC-authorized vendors milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, and much more (see Authorized Foods)
Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
Support and information about breastfeeding your baby.
Help in finding health care and other community services.
To Locate Services
WIC has local offices across the State of Georgia.
Use their clinic listing or call 1-800-228-9173.
Services are provided at over 203 locations including:
- 159 health departments,
- 20 community health centers,
- 6 hospitals,
- 3 military bases, and
- 2 Division of Family and Children Services (DFACS) offices.
There are approximately 1,400 authorized vendors that are participating in the WIC food delivery system who were redeeming approximately one million vouchers each month.
- nutrition assessment,
- health screening,
- medical history,
- body measurements (weight and height),
- hemoglobin check,
- nutrition education,
- breastfeeding support,
- referrals to other health and social services,
- and vouchers for healthy foods.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Riceboro, GA.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby