Cambridge / Somerville WIC Program
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Cambridge / Somerville WIC Program
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
Main office of the Cambridge / Somerville WIC Program Hours:
Mondays through Fridays and the 1st Saturday of the month.
What do i need to bring to the appointment?
- Bring proof that you live in Massachusetts
- Bring documentation of where you live.
- Examples include a utility bill, a postmarked piece of mail addressed to you at your address, your lease or a rent receipt from your landlord, a bank statement, bank book or checkbook, or your driver’s license or other ID card.
- Bring Proof of identity
- Bring proof for everyone who will be on the WIC program.
- Examples include driver’s license, birth certificate, MassHealth card or a Social Security Card.
- Bring proof of total household income that falls within program guidelines.
To be income eligible you must be at or below 185% poverty income guidelines.
Pregnant women should count themselves as a family of two.
Click here for income guidelines.
If you are currently receiving TAFDC or food stamps (SNAP), you are automatically income eligible.
Foster children are automatically eligible.
If you have one of the following MassHealth plans you are automatically eligible:
- Standard Limited
- Commonwealth Care with Limited
If you are not automatically income eligible, you will need to bring in proof of income.
US citizenship is not required to be eligible for the program.
After being screened for income, you will meet with a nutrition professional to review your nutitional health.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Somerville, MA.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby