Greene County Health Department
1031 Apalachee Road
Greensboro, GA - 30642
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Greene County Health Department.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Greene County Health Department
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
Office Information: The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for:
- Infants and Children age 1 to 5 years (including foster children)
- Pregnant Women.
- Breastfeeding Mothers (up to 1 year)
- Postpartum Women (up to 6 months)
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Generally, WIC is available to:
- low income pregnant,
- breastfeeding, and postpartum women,
- low income parent or guardian who is the sole provider of children under age five who are at nutritional risk and who are at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty level.
You can take the WIC Eligibility Assessment to see if you qualify* or contact your local WIC office to make an appointment and find out which documents you will need to bring with you.
At your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you and your family qualify).
What WIC Provides
- Special checks to buy healthy foods from WIC-authorized vendors milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, and much more (see Authorized Foods)Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby.
- Help in finding health care and other community services.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Greensboro, GA.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby