South Reno WIC Clinic
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about South Reno WIC Clinic.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of South Reno WIC Clinic
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
To be eligible for WIC services, you must meet all of the following:
- Be a pregnant, postpartum (to 6 months) or breastfeeding (up to 1 year) woman, or an infant or child up to age 5
- Be a Nevada resident
- Income guidelines
- Be determined to be at medical or nutritional risk
- Free client eligibility screening which includes a hemoglobin, height or length, weight, and medical/dietary history to identify individual nutritional/medical conditions.
- Program eligibility extends from 6 months to 1 year and participants may reapply and continue participation as they meet eligibility criteria.
- Referral to other health and social services (e.g. immunizations, prenatal care, well-child examinations, food stamps, diaper bank, etc.)
- Breastfeeding promotion, education and support, including breast pumps.
- Nutrition education on prenatal, infants and toddler nutrition, breastfeeding, how to select foods for themselves and their families, drug and other harmful substance abuse information, need for folic acid, etc.)
- Monthly supplemental nutritious foods (a combination of one or more of fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, cheese, eggs, iron-fortified cereal, juice, beans, peanut butter, tuna fish, carrots, infant formula, special formulas).
Hours of operation:
- Between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Monday to Friday
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Reno, NV.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby