Lake County Health Department - Zion Northeast Satellite
1819 27th St
Zion, IL - 60099
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Lake County Health Department - Zion Northeast Satellite.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Lake County Health Department - Zion Northeast Satellite
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
WIC is a food assistance program for Women, Infants, and Children thathelps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
Who can receive these services?
Women and their children who are:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or just had a baby.
- Infants and Children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with a low to medium income.
- Special checks to buy healthy foods - like milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans or peas, and peanut butter.
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.
- Information and help about breastfeeding.
- Help in finding health care and other services in your area
How can I apply for WIC benefits?
Services are provided in communities throughout the state.
Use the DHS Office Locator to find your local Women, Infants and Children office near you.
Make an appointment and find out what papers or documents you need to bring with you.
At your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you and your family qualify.
If you need assistance, contact the State WIC Office at 217-782-2166.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Zion, IL.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby