Allegany County Health Department WIC
12501 Willowbrook Road SE
Cumberland, MD - 21502
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Allegany County Health Department WIC
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
Office Information: WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC provides health assessments and referrals, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and supplemental foods for qualified families throughout Allegany County. We have appointments available in Cumberland, Westernport, Lonaconing, and Frostburg.
The WIC staff is a caring team of people who can show you how to:
- Use food to improve your family's health
- Get information on a healthy lifestyle for a pregnant woman
- Breastfeed your baby successfully if you choose
- Feed your baby and help your child learn to eat healthy food
- Use your WIC checks to buy food at the grocery store
- Obtain other health and social services
You are eligible if you:
- live in Allegany County, Maryland
- are pregnant, a new mother, an infant, or child under 5 years of age
- have a nutritional need, and
- have a household gross income (before taxes) equal to or less than the eligibility guidelines. Those receiving food stamps or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or enrolled with the Maryland Child Health Insurance Program qualify regardless of income.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Cumberland, MD.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby