Carrol County Health Department WIC
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Carrol County Health Department WIC.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Carrol County Health Department WIC
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
WIC provides healthy supplemental foods and nutrition counseling for income eligible pregnant, postpartum and breast-feeding women, as well as children under age five with medical/nutritional risk factors.
In the State of Maryland, a person must meet all of the following requirements:
- be a resident of the State of Maryland
- be pregnant or breastfeeding, a new mother, or have an infant or child up to age five
- have a health or nutrition need
- meet the income eligibility guidelines
If you are eligible, you will receive:
- Nutrition education about how to have a healthy pregnancy, how to feed your infants and children, and how to use food to improve your family\'s health.
- Breastfeeding support that will give you the information you need to breastfeed successfully and someone to talk to about breastfeeding questions or concerns.
- Checks to buy specific foods such as milk, 100% fruit juice, peanut butter, cheese, eggs, dried beans and peas, cereal and infant formula.
- Referrals to other health and social services.
Call the WIC office at 410-876-4898 to make an appointment.
All appointments take place at the Carroll County Health Department in Westminster.
The WIC staff will tell you what you need to bring and how long it will take.
You will be asked about your and/or your child's health history and eating habits.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Westminster, MD.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby