Portage County Wic Program
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Portage County Wic Program.
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Portage County Wic Program
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
M - F 8:00 - 4:301st & 3rd W 10:00 - 7:00
Women, Infants & Children (WIC)Program
- WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- WIC helps income eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women, women who recently had a baby, infants, and children up to five years of age who are at health risk due to inadequate nutrition.
- The program improves pregnancy outcomes by providing or referring to support services necessary for full-term pregnancies; reduces infant mortality by reducing the incidence of low birth weight (infants under 5 pounds are at greater risk of breathing problems, brain injuries and physical abnormalities), and provides infants and children with a healthy start in life by improving poor or inadequate diets.
- WIC provides nutrition education, breastfeeding education and support; supplemental, highly nutritious foods such as cereal, eggs, milk, whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables, and iron-fortified infant formula; and referral to prenatal and pediatric health care and other maternal and child health and human service programs.
- You can apply by printing out a WIC Program Application and mailing it to the WIC clinic in your area.
Please note that you must schedule an appointment at the clinic, too.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Ravenna, OH.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby