Nassau County WIC Program (Lifqhc)
380 Nassau Road
Roosevelt, NY - 11575
Fax Number: (516) 546-4154
ReviewsYour opinion matters. Leave your review of Nassau County WIC Program (Lifqhc)
The Official WIC program is available to low to moderate income pregnant women, recently delivered women, breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Fathers can also bring their children to apply for WIC. You may apply for WIC if you are working or unemployed. Check the Income Guidelines Table to see if you are eligible for WIC. This website was created for women looking for WIC information and locations. We are also working towards adding other locations and services that may help out women.
In order to participate in the program you must meet eligibility criteria:
- You must be a Pregnant, Postpartum or Breastfeeding woman, or an infant or a child under the age of five.
- You must live in New York State.
- You must qualify financially
Pregnant women can stay on WIC until 6 weeks after their babies are born.
- You are eligible for WIC if you receive Medicaid, Food Stamps or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- You must be a New York State resident
- Families who meet income guidelines will be assessed by a health care professional for medical or nutritional risk.
What to bring:
- Proof of identity for each person applying.
- Proof of where you live.
- Proof of income for each household member who works.
- Proof of your participation in Medicaid, SNAP/Food Stamps or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- Immunization records for children.
- Confirmation of pregnancy - a statement from your health care provider with your baby's due date.
- Any WIC Medical forms given to you by your health care provider.
Hours of operation:
- Between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Monday to Thursday
- Between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Friday
- Between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Saturday
Call the Nassau County Health Department WIC Administrative Office at 516 227 9453 for more information on acceptable forms of proof of identity, residency, and income or about participation in one of the programs listed above.
WIC Store LocationsFind WIC Store Locations to purchase WIC approved foods with your WIC or EBT Card, in and around Roosevelt, NY.
Find WIC Grocery Stores Nearby